The following is news from the Guam Power Authority:
The Guam Power Authority advises customers of possible rotating outages from 6 p.m. through 9 p.m. today. Two (2) of the island’s four (4) baseload power plants are offline, reducing the total power generation capacity to 242 megawatts. GPA also noted a significant increase in power demand today compared to the same time yesterday, likely from dry weather and hotter temperatures.
Cabras Unit No. 1, a 47-year-old plant, is undergoing emergency repairs to its air preheater and is expected to return to service on Thursday, May 26, 2022. Another base load Piti Unit No. 8 experienced an emergency outage yesterday and is not expected to return to service until late tonight.
“We are making every effort to provide sufficient power supply to meet customer demands. However, if there is a shortage of generation capacity tonight, GPA will, as a last resort to maintain grid stability, implement rotating outages lasting up to 1-hour,” stated Melinda C. Mafnas, P.E., Assistant General Manager, Operations. GPA recognizes that power outages are inconvenient and may create challenges for its customers. “We ask for your patience and kindly request that all customers conserve power, especially during peak demand from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.,” added Mafnas.
The schedule below represents a list of potentially affected areas. This schedule is subject to change based on generation capacity and power demand.
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
6:00p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This schedule is subject to change based on generation capacity and power demand.
• Harmon Loop Rd from McDonald’s intersection to Tranilo Ct; Along Rte 16 northbound from McDonald’s intersection to Rte 1 intersection, including Fatima St and surrounding areas (P-270)
• Harmon Loop Rd from Juan M. Guerrero to ParaOceana Bldg (p-271)
• Along Rte 4 from Paseo Loop to McDonald’s, including Rte 7A, Agana Shopping Center (P-252)
• Rte 4, Route 4A, including Dandan Rd, Malojloj Well Dr, Old Poultry Farm, Inarajan cemetery, and surrounding areas (P-261)
• A portion of MTM Rd, including Tenbat St (P-252)
Along Roy T. Damian St, Biang St, West Cesario St, Toto-Cañada Rd, Chalan Machaute and surrounding areas (P-253)
• Along Rte 4 from Spring Lane to Rte 10 intersection, including Dero Rd, Maimai St and surrounding areas (P-250)
• Along Rte 4 to Mobil, including St. Jude Thaddeus Church and surrounding areas (P-252)
• Along Rte 4A including Camacho St; Along Rte 17 from Aguilar Rd to Bishop Apuron St (P-260)
• Rte 4, Rte 4A, including Paulino Heights, Talofofo Fire Station, Notre Dame High School and
surrounding areas (P-261)
• Rte 4, Rte 17, including Baza Gardens, Talofofo Golf Course, Talofofo village, Jeff’s Pirates Cove, and
surrounding areas (P-262)
• Pale San Vitores Rd, from Rte 14A (JFK hill) to Old San Vitores Rd (Westin hill) (P-243)
• Pale San Vitores Rd, from Hilton intersection to JFK hill (P-246)
• Harmon Industrial Park, including Industrial Park Rd and nearby areas (P-245)
• Along Rte 1 northbound from East-West Center to Rte 16 intersection, including Tumon Ln, Pia
Marine, Adrian Sanchez St, and Two Lovers Point (P-271)
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
7:00p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This schedule is subject to change based on generation capacity and power demand.
• Agana Heights: Chalan Palasyo, Agana Heights village (P-283)
• Rte 16 from Barrigada Heights to Macheche Rd (P-311)
• Tun Pedro Benavente St, and surrounding areas (P-311)
• Alageta St, Macheche Ave and surrounding areas (P-322)
• Santa Cruz Ln, West O’Brien Dr, Agana Library, and surrounding areas (P-283)
• Rte 10 westbound from old Public Health to Rte 4 intersection (P-294)
• Rte 15 northbound from Rte 10 intersection to Chalan Padiron Maya, including Ladera Ln, Torres St,
GCC, and surrounding areas (P-321)
• Latte Heights, Adacao Rd and surrounding areas (P-322)
• Rte 15 from Hawaiian Rock to Marbo Cave (P-323)
• Rte 10/Rte 4 intersection to Pago Bay Estates and surrounding areas (P-294) SINAJANA
• A portion of Rte 2A, Bishop Baumgartner School and surrounding areas (P-283)
• Rte 16 from Shell to Rte 1 intersection, including portions of Harmon Industrial Park, Taitano Rd and
surrounding areas (P-310)
• Rte 1 from Paradise Meadow to Rte 9 intersection, including Chalan Mataguac, Chalan Koda; Rte 9
to Potts Junction, including Mataguac, Agafa Gumas, and surrounding areas (P-330)
• Flame Tree Drive (P-290/P298)
• Rte 4 to MU Lujan Rd, including Yona village (P-294)
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. This schedule is subject to change based on generation capacity and power demand.
• Along Rte 3 from Rte 1 intersection to Potts Junction, including parts of Swamp Rd, Machanaonao, Chalan Kareta and nearby areas (P-046)
• Along Ysengsong Rd to Chalan Lumasu, parts of Swamp Rd and nearby areas (P-087)
• Dededo village from Ysengsong Rd to Santa Monica Ave, including Dededo village, Summer Homes
and nearby areas. (P-088)
• Rte 1 northbound from Battulo St to Wusstig Rd, including Paradise Estates (P-089)
• Along Rte 1 southbound from Airport intersection to Camacho Landmark, including Ypao Beach Rd and nearby areas (P-201)
• Chalan San Antonio northbound from ITC intersection to Sagua Managu, including Pick-A-Nail St; Chalan San Antonio southbound fr IP&E to Farenholt intersection, including St Anthony Church; Farenholt Ave eastbound from St. Anthony intersection to Gov. Camacho Rd, including Jonestown. (P-203)
• Along Chalan San Antonio southbound from Farenholt intersection to Tamuning Mayor’s Office, including Tamuning village and GPO (P-204)
• Gov Carlos Camacho St fr Rte 1 intersection to Farenholt, including Rihga Royal Laguna; Rte 1 northbound from Jalacguac Way to Sport-O-Dome (P-205)
• Rte 1 northbound from Iriarte Rd to Rte 10A, including Pacific Towers, Plumeria Way and nearby
areas (P-206 & P313)
• Along Rte 1 southbound from Port intersection to Polaris Point intersection, including Nimitz Estates, Turner Rd and surrounding areas (P-005)
• Along Rte. 1 from War In the Pacific Park to Port intersection, including Piti village (P-007)
05/24/2022 at 5:47 PM
Wow and pay raises on top of crap service? Korean blowouts and no solar…glad im off grid btz
Alan San Nicolas
05/25/2022 at 8:30 AM
Hafa nuebu na eskusa seña en anunsia para I pupbliku? Kao I gera ? Kao taya esta gi kahon GPA? Lao guaha para I man ma subre.