Guam Memorial Hospital Authority (GMHA) will be accepting pregnant mothers who are thirty-six (36) weeks or more and all high-risk pregnant mothers who are twenty-four (24) weeks or more into
their pregnancy beginning tonight at 7 PM. Pregnant mothers who arrive later will still be accepted.
Expectant mothers are asked to please check with their healthcare provider for guidance if they are unsure if they have a high-risk pregnancy.
Upon arrival, pregnant mothers should check in at the Patient Registration Dept. on the 1st
floor. Expectant mothers will remain at the hospital for the duration of the storm until it is determined to be safe for them to return to their homes at COR 4.
All pregnant mothers are asked to have a complete meal before they check into the hospital this evening. Pregnant mothers are asked to please bring their own clean pillows, blankets, and linens.
All pregnant mothers who need to come to GMH are asked to bring the following for their comfort and convenience:
- ID and insurance cards
- Meals will be provided but mothers are encouraged to bring additional drinking water and snacks
that do not require refrigeration or heating
- Any necessary medications
- Mothers asked to bring in their own clean pillows, blankets, and linens so they are comfortable
- Personal toiletries (soap, toothbrush, lotions, etc.)
- Change of clothing
- Entertainment (i.e. games, cards, movies, headphones, books, etc.) to help pass the time
For hospital safety, the following RESTRICTIONS will be in place for all pregnant mothers:
- No escorts, support persons, children, or pets (with the exception of service animals) will be allowed to accompany pregnant mothers
- No smoking/vaping, alcohol, illegal drugs, or weapons will be permitted
For the Community’s safety:
Visiting Hours are now suspended until further notice, with the exception of approved watchers. All Elective Outpatient Surgeries have been postponed until further notice and Family Viewings are suspended and will resume upon declaration of COR 4.